Wednesday, 3 July 2013

~Converting numbers to words~

In the past few weeks I have been learning to convert numbers into words. Below is what I have learnt to do...

1. 4,309 - Four thousands, three hundred and nine.

2. 64,060 - Sixty four thousands and sixty.

3. 89,401 - Eighty nine thousands, four hundred and one.

4. 669,320 - Six hundred and sixty nine thousands, three hundred and twenty

5. 509,000 - Five hundred and nine thousands.

6. 1,101,388 - One million, one hundred and one thousands and three hundred and eighty eight.

7. 75,309,999 - Seventy five million, three hundred and nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine.

8. 45,021,306 - Forty five million, twenty one thousand and three hundred and six.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I think this was a bit harder once it got to a bigger number and I had to remember if it was in the million or thousand place and how to write it down. I think I am better than before and more confident. My next step is to keep practising it and go onto even bigger numbers.

~Sophia :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats huge